Open to Participants with at least 1 Season of MIT Experience
1-Day training in June (TBA)
Become a Ravenwood MIT Today!
Are you a returning MIT?
It’s often said the best way to learn something deeply is to teach it. Open to Ravenwood campers with a minimum two years prior experience participating in one of our programs, the Mentor-In-Training (MIT) program creates an opportunity for our budding naturalists to share what they love while exploring the vast landscape of deep nature connection mentoring.
Application to the MIT program is open to anyone with two Ravenwood programs under their belt who is 11 years old or older. Our MITs learn to mentor our youngest campers and are connected one-on-one with one of our senior staff to help them reflect and process their experience. MITs are encouraged to build strong relationships using their new skills, offering their young charges a unique kindness resulting from a big brother/sister type of connection created through thoughtful, playful mentoring.
Memories of our MITs with small ones sitting in their lap around the fire, singing, exploring insect tracks, and keying out a skull or plant in a field guide fill the heart and exemplify the true power of community based mentoring.
Summer MITs must attend a one-day training at our Trumbull Creek camp. The day’s activities will include leadership training in skill areas including the Art of Questioning, Bushcraft, and Group Management.
If your camper interested in the Summer Mentor-In-Training program, please have them fill out the application by May 16th, 2022.
1) MIT candidates must have participated in a minimum of two previous Ravenwood programs.
2) MIT candidates must be between the ages of 11 and 18 years by the beginning of the season.
3) New MITs must submit a completed Mentor-In-Training application. MITs with at least one season of experience do not need to re-apply, just register.
4) Summer MITs must attend the scheduled 1-day training in June. Experienced MITs are encouraged to attend as well.
5) All MITs must attend post-program debrief, training and planning sessions with staff on program days, after campers go home. This debrief may last between 10 to 20 minutes, until 3:20pm.
6) Spring MITs must serve as a Mentor-in-Training for at least 3 days in the spring season. Summer MITs must serve as a Mentor-in-Training for a minimum of 4 days at Ravenwood’s summer camps
Serving as MIT for 6 or more summer program days allows one to choose between the following rebates:
• $50 cash back, or
• $100 credit toward any Ravenwood program (no expiration date)
Serving as MIT for 4 or more spring program days allows one to choose between the following rebates:
• $25 cash back, or
• $50 credit toward any Ravenwood program (no expiration date)